Monday 7 November 2016

LONG TIGHTS, HILLS OF DONEGAL, NANCY'S, Q&A, SHEEP OR GOAT?, INJURY

Fintragh Bay
I knew the mention of long tights would attract you to this post. It's been another busy week and I completed three runs. The skies were so clear this week so the temperatures plummeted. With the clocks going back as well it was time to dig out the high vis gear. Long tights are your friend in winter.. just remember that.  They were on last Tuesday for a 5k. 


Donegal never disappoints 
On Friday I was out pounding the streets of Ballyhackamore and picked up a bit of a twinge on my left calf which has been troubling me a bit over the last few months. Gill got some deep heat rubbed into it and I was good to go again on Saturday in Donegal. 


Nancy's, Ardara
We were there for a few nights and managed to get a nice long run in over those hills near Killybegs. It was very remote and quiet and we only met a goat or sheep. Gill and I couldn't agree which but I'm sure it was a sheep with horns! Probably known as a ram. What better way to round off a nice morning run than with a pint of the black stuff and some seafood in Nancy's Bar in Ardara? 


Swimming at the little harbour
We even had time for a couple of swims. One at the little harbour near our bech house and the other at Fintragh Bay.  The waters were so clear and you can see why it gets a blue flag status.


Sweating
Earlier in the week I jumped on to Facebook for Martin Yelling's London Marathon Q&A. He's regarded as one of the best fitness coaches around. It was very helpful and he'll be answering a lot more questions online closer to April.


Q&A